Are you Prone to Running Injuries?
Running injuries can be devastating to a runner and some runners have more than their fair share of them. A running injury can prevent us from running for months or longer and it is difficult to know when it's safe to return to running. Many runners are very frustrated with a continuous cycle of recurring injuries. What can we do to prevent future injuries and to recover more quickly when we do have an injury?
You will find below various strategies on how to deal with running pain and injuries, advice on the cause of injuries, how to speed recovery and specific help on common running injuries. You can read about the experiences of other runners and share your own running experience with injuries.
Dealing with Running Injuries
- If you are currently suffering from a running injury, the Tapping Solution is a simple and easy to learn technique that can help you manage pain and recover much faster.
- A foam roller can also be very helpful in recovering from and preventing running injuries. Learn how to give yourself a myofascial release or self-massage when you learn How to Use a Foam Roller.
- What is the real cause of running injuries? Maybe we have all been looking in the wrong place all along. Check out this article and try this quick exercise you can do to determine if this is true for you or not.
- How you Breathe While Running Could be Causing Running Injuries. Our breathing is often an overlooked consideration in the incidence of injuries. However, how we breathe is extremely important, not only to running but also to our health and longevity. If we are not breathing properly, it will place a great deal of stress and tension on our bodies which can result result in injuries and illnesses.
- Learn How to Meditate on Running Injuries. It is very effective in helping to speed healing and reducing the incident of future injuries. When you develop a running injury, it is an indication that your body and mind are not in balance or in coherence. Meditation helps to bring the mind and body back into a balanced state, allowing healing to occur naturally.
- Many people say that running is bad for your joints and will cause problems as we get older. This article provides much evidence to the contrary and indicates that there is no reason why we cannot continue to run into old age if we are sensible: Go Ahead, Run Into Old Age!
There are a number of common running injuries and they are all experienced at varying degrees. Click on the links below for help on each specific injury.
Common Running Injuries
Get help for each of the following common running injuries:
Calf Pain from Running
Top of Foot Pain
IT Band Syndrome
The Cure for Plantar Fasciitis
Have you experienced running injuries? Tell us about your experience. How long have you had the injury and how has it affected you? What really helped and what didn't?
Maybe someone else has had a similar experience and can provide some helpful advice or maybe you have learned something valuable from your experience that can help others.
As runners, we know that running injuries can affect us in many ways -- not just our running fitness. Let's help each other run injury free and help prevent future running injuries. Please share your story below.
Tell us about your running injury
We would love to hear your experience. Tell us what injury you have and how it has affected you. Share your story with other runners. You may receive some great advice and encouragement. It's easy to share - just enter the title of your story to begin....
Read/Comment on Other Runners Injuries
Click below to see stories from other runners...
Non-Physical Running Injury
Understanding Non-Physical Running Injury
It is important to remember that not every running injury is a physical one.
Sure, there are the usual …
Avoiding Running Injury
We've Been Pretty Fortunate In Avoiding Running Injury
Knock on wood!
We've had good fortune in avoiding injuries from running (whether too much, …
Trouble running on toes
I've had problems running on the balls of my feet for a week now. Every time I try to run my feet just give right to my heels.
I've iced them, massaged …
Hills and achilles
I run approx 30-40 miles a week. Mostly on flat roads but recently in preparing for a 50k I have been running out in Long Island where it seems all the …
Calf Injury Recovery
What is the best way to recover from a calf injury? Ran outside for the first time in early March and two days later ran inside on treadmill …
Heck of a way to start out...
Back in early August I decided I was going to get into running. I haven't done any serious running since high school and I wanted to do something that …
Click here to write your own.
Back to top of Running Injuries?
Return to Running Injury Free
FTC Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.
Don’t see the comments box below? Log in to your Facebook account, give FB cookie consent if requested, then return to this page and refresh it.
If you like this page, please share it below or add your comments.
May 19, 22 10:40 AM
Run faster with this simple trick that is easy to learn. Utilize the power of your mind to trick your body into running faster without extra effort.
May 10, 22 06:53 AM
How to avoid a stress fracture injury and what to do if you have one. It needs to be identified quickly so you can get back running sooner.
Apr 27, 22 07:26 AM
It was interesting to be running in Sharm El Sheikh again after the pandemic. The resorts are beautiful here but signs of economic depression caused by the pandemic and airport security concerns prio…
Apr 19, 22 11:03 AM
Got Black Toenails from Running? Learn how to treat and prevent them!
Apr 05, 22 11:41 AM
As runners we need to fuel our bodies with energy boosting foods and fortifying drinks to keep us going strong and properly hydrated. Natural race fuel is a healthier and cheaper solution to provide…
Mar 27, 22 12:51 PM
Has this ever happened to you? You have just started running and you realize that you feel really tired. Your body just doesn't want to move. You feel heavy, running feels very difficult and you don…
Mar 23, 22 01:22 PM
Discoveries in quantum physics can be used to help us create a more desirable reality including running injury free. Find out how.
Mar 11, 22 02:12 PM
What if you could run without fighting your body or feeling hobbled by pain? Imagine instead that when you run your body feels smooth, flowing, and free of unwanted tension. And imagine a way of runn…
Mar 09, 22 10:28 AM
Are your stretches dynamic or static? Active Isolated Stretching promotes dynamic stretching when the muscle is relaxed rather than contracted. Evidence indicates that only a relaxed muscle can be st…
Feb 27, 22 12:13 PM
The Core Action Program for Runners and Triathletes helps you master the fundamentals of comfortable, healthy, efficient natural running form. This program is for runners who want to learn to run hea…