The Peaceful Runner Newsletter #38
November 20, 2013
Body Awareness Can Keep You Running Injury Free
Hello Friend, body awareness
Welcome to the November edition of The Peaceful Runner Newsletter. As you have probably noticed, I have updated my newsletter to a new email format. I welcome your feedback, comments and suggestions here: Contact Us or add your comments below.
In this issue:
1) Affirmation of the Month
2) Body Awareness Can Keep You Running Injury Free
3) The 100-Up Exercise - Essential to Every Runner!
4) Recipe of the Month: Ham and Asparagus Casserole
Affirmation of the Month:
"My body will help me achieve my goals."
-- Our body contains a great source of wisdom and guidance. Tap into and trust its knowledge to help you achieve all your goals.
The 100-Up Exercise
The "100-Up Exercise" is a simple but effective drill that can help you improve your fitness and running technique and it can easily be practiced indoors. Also, if you are recovering from an injury, you may be able to use this exercise to maintain your fitness and build strength. Every runner needs to learn this simple drill!
Click on this link to learn how to do use this tool to run perfectly: The 100-Up Exercise
Ham and Asparagus Casserole
This recipe is a tasty way to use leftover ham. It is comforting and satisfying dish and bakes in only 10 minutes.
- 3 3/4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 1/2 cups asparagus cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups ham cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Add asparagus in last minute of cooking. Remove from heat, drain, add peas and stir.
- Combine flour, thyme, salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Slowly stir in milk and then broth. Mix well.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add onions. Cook until onions are soft. Add milk mixture and cook until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add juice.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta mixture with milk mixture. Add ham and parsley. Stir gently to combine.
- Spoon into a 2-quart casserole dish and sprinkle with Parmesan and breadcrumbs. Bake for 10 minutes in preheated oven.
Until next month, keep running and stay happy and peaceful!
If you have enjoyed this newsletter and would like to have it delivered to your Inbox monthly, you can subscribe here.
You can also:
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Or share this page and/or add your comments below:
Oct 02, 22 08:10 AM
Affirmations are powerful and can work for everyone but they must be done properly. When they don't work, we must find the reason and correct it.
Sep 14, 22 07:07 AM
Relaxing your body will improve running performance. Tension promotes injuries, draws energy from our bodies, and prevents us from running our best. A relaxed body uses less effort and thus can run f…
Aug 30, 22 12:40 PM
Do you or someone in your family suffer from troublesome hiccups? HiccAway is a drug free, reusable natural cure for hiccups. Works instantly with water!
Aug 30, 22 04:39 AM
Meditation improves our health but it also improves running in numerous ways. Find out why runners need to meditate and how you can start your meditation practice today.
Aug 22, 22 12:28 PM
Much research has been conducted on the effects of loving kindness meditation on emotional and physical health showing incredible results. Now you can practice while running!
Aug 05, 22 02:21 AM
Use this technique to develop focus and awareness to improve running. Move more easily and effortlessly.
Jul 28, 22 09:48 AM
Stop a painful charley horse cramp instantly! These painful calf cramps must be stopped immediately to prevent the muscle from becoming sore. Find out how!
Jun 30, 22 05:54 AM
We can take action to help our bodies feel more comfortable running in the heat and prevent the onset of heat related illnesses!
Jun 18, 22 01:00 PM
Run strong with behavioural kinesiology. Use this technique to positively stimulate our muscles to stay strong while running.
May 25, 22 12:24 PM
Find out why many runners swear by it as the safest and most enjoyable way to build strength and increase endurance.